House Bill 1098
Summary of House Bill 1098
- Amends the Small Games of Chance Act (Act 156 of 1988) to allow 50/50 drawings at minor league home games
- Clarifies the distribution of proceeds to charity
- Provides for tavern gaming
- Amends the legislative intent of the Act by declaring that the raising of public funds from games of chance in taverns is in the public interest
House Bill 290
- Adds additional games of chance such as: pools, raffle auctions and race night games.
- Requires Dept. of Revenue, per regulation, to ensure that race night games are secure, random and completely based on chance.
- Explicitly states that organizations are not authorized to conduct games currently regulated by the Gaming Control Board.